Thursday, May 27, 2010

NaNoWriMo... gulp!

  
I signed up.

It's not for 5 months.

I'm already nervous.

In case you've not heard of it, NaNoWriMo, a.k.a. National Novel Writing Month, is an event one can sign up for (at www.nanowrimo.org) and attempt to write a 50,000-word novel in one month. If you accomplish that # of words in a novel-like form by the deadline, it's nothing you've already written (save plot sketching, research, etc.), you did it all by yourself, and it's not one word 50,000 times, you are a winner.

What you win is your draft novel.



Part of their point is that SO many people think that "one day" they will write a novel. For most people, that one day never arrives. You have to MAKE it happen.

So, yeah.

All I'm committed to is receiving their e-mails between now and then, but I have had an idea for a story in my mind for a while now, so this may be what I need to get it done. At least TRY.

I've even planned a trip in October to do research...

=)

So, anyone else wanna join me on this NaNoWriMo adventure?

the biobabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people write inside rectangles....