Saturday, April 16, 2011

vocab quiz!

  
Yup, woke up with a 2 word phrase in my head, and I'd like YOU, without looking it up, to guess what it is. If you know, I will post your answer, but I may delay it to allow other folks time to take a stab at it (now, that's a rather brutal cliche, eh?).

Foeniculum vulgare.

That cracks me up. I looked it up and I spelled it right, despite the fact that I had no idea what it was.

Well, a SUPER VAGUE idea, but knowing it's an extremely broad category is not the same as knowing what it is.

Good luck and please don't be shy. Frequently the wild-hare-I-have-no-clue inventive guesses are my favorites.

=)

bb

P.S. As usual, this vocab moment is brought to me, randomly, by my brain, and I'm still so sleepy (JUST got up) I've typed this entire post through sleep-blurred eyes. Coffee's not even done, yet! But, now that I've looked it up, perhaps my brain will keep that mote of information. xo

5 comments:

  1. smelly rangy thang? I know the plant is wild fennel but never thought about the Latin derivation. I will resist looking up to wait for your own particular biobab presentation of the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly, Foeniculum vulgare is Latin for those people who hold loud cellular phone discussions about their romantic conquests.

    Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. noxious, vulgar shrubs for those people who are partial to smelly, toxic, unpleasant greenery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foeniculum vulgare is a small bony protuberance which develops on the index finger due to excessive belligerent gesturing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooooooo delightful, ladies. =) THANK YOU! =)

    ReplyDelete

Cool people write inside rectangles....