Wednesday, July 13, 2011

teeny, TINY little red guys in the garden--what are they?

 
Found these under a brick in the garden. Literally RAN back to the house, grabbed camera, then RAN back to garden (as they seemed to be scattering quickly) to get a few shots.

This is not a quiz; it is a question.

(obviously wanna click on this and zoom in but this gives you size)



Anyone know what these pups are? I realize the shots are not the best. They had bright red, very round abdomens, like shiny balloons.



Did I mention they were TINY? They made pine needles look like giant logs.


Here's a detail of a photo for the best shot of their shape.

Not lookin' like mites, which is what I normally think when I see tiny tiny scarlet bugs.

Any wild guesses?

=)

bb

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking maybe they are burrowing bug nymphs - check out this photo.
    regards--ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Emma, neither can I!

    @Ted, that seems like a good guess. That one where it's reaching up to the blade of grass DOES look like a baby picture. =) Thanks very much for the lead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd put them down as bug nymphs too. (Not that this will advance the ID at all!)

    ReplyDelete

Cool people write inside rectangles....