Friday, December 2, 2011

pre-Mono wind mums: pollinator, schmollinator...

 
Having read the forecast re: crazy winds, I went to the garden one late afternoon for a last chance photo session. I assumed the winds would strip our precious flowers of their dazzling petals.

Who knew chrysanthemums were so stunning in the fall when all else is drab, drab, drab? I, clearly, did not. Consider me re-educated.






By the way, I am (was??) not a big flower person.
I love them, but feel that growing food is a higher priority
and possibly a better bang for my carbon buck.

However, I am a color pig.

AND, the pollinators LOVE all these flowers,
whether it's spring, summer, or fall,
and that draws them to my garden,
wherein pollination of squash, etc., occurs.

So... I think I'm changing.

I believe in FLOWER POWER!

xobb

2 comments:

  1. I, too am a "color pig". :) Great turn of phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for Flower Power! BE a color pig!! they obviously want you to. :)

    beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people write inside rectangles....