Friday, April 30, 2010

Warning: indelicate post: You have not lived until...

...you have had a chicken fart in your hand. =)

Cracked me up.  A hand full of warm, soft feathers while transporting a chicken from A to B--that's when it happened. The possibility of this happening never even occurred to me before then (Monday).

I told my friend on Skype and laughed all the way through the story.

Yes, me, fancy (newbie)-web-site-building science person. And a chicken farts in my hand.

I love how working with wildlife and/or domestic animals will keep you down-to-earth.

It's tough to maintain a superiority complex when you've been pooped and/or peed upon by (multiple species of):

mice (hundreds during thesis field work)
rats
snakes
lizards
birds
frogs
salamanders
marine invertebrates
terrestrial invertebrates

And that's just off the top of my head. So to speak...

=)

Do you all have any other species (groups or extra cool individual species or stories) to add to the list per your experience?

the biobabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people write inside rectangles....