Saturday, May 26, 2012

Quiz winner grievously overlooked--Hugh is the AWESOME


Back in April I posted a quiz, having recently learned a juicy, new-to-me bio word:

What does a chelonologist study?



Quoth the Winner, Hugh (of the laudable Rock, Paper, Lizard blog):

"Tortoises and turtles.
You can spot chelonologists from a mile a way at herp conferences.
They have that benign turtly gaze."

=)


Well, Hugh-the-wonder nailed it immediately,
rendering all other potential guessers' fingers rubbery and inoperable due to overwhelming awe,
a suitable response to such an expedient, accurate,
and (very Hugh) charming reply.

So, NICE JOB, Hugh!
Mille pardons for my tardiness.

Hope all's well with y'all!

xoxobb

3 comments:

  1. this chenologist-wannabe just found a tiny (<1" across) dead baby wood turtle on the side of the road. sob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks, bb! You made my day!

    P.S. Did you know that last Wednesday was World Turtle Day?

    Wikipedia: "The purpose of World Turtle Day, May 23, sponsored yearly since 2000 by American Tortoise Rescue, is to bring attention to, and increase knowledge of and respect for, turtles and tortoises, and encourage human action to help them survive and thrive.

    Turtle Day is celebrated worldwide in a variety of ways, from dressing up as turtles or wearing green summer dresses, to saving turtles caught on highways, to research activities."

    And I (shamefully) didn't even know. I found out from Neil (@microecos).

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah: SO sad. Turtles are among those species (frogs, too) who's younger versions can look EXACTLY like the parents/grownups except SUPER super tiny, and possibly, of course, heads and eyes larger, to pull your heartstrings. Tiny turtles are SO sweet.

    @Hugh =) Man, if only I'd known about WTD. Love that. Perhaps I'll put it on my calendar for next year. =) Love dressing up to a happy theme. 2 years ago when I learned about blue-footed booby day, my husband agreed to wear these BRIGHT, sky-blue socks to work that day, to celebrate that endearing bird. My kinda guy! =)

    ReplyDelete

Cool people write inside rectangles....