Tuesday, December 24, 2013

explore...

 … is today's photography theme.

Prickly pear fruits (I believe).

Took these photo whilst exploring the farmer's market in Houston, today.
It's MAJOR.


Had NO idea what many of the items were.
Which makes me very happy. =)


A key to exploring, in my mind, is to:
1st, embrace your ignorance,
2nd, ask someone to teach you.

That way you get to learn,
and they get to be a smarty pants;
a win-win.

=)

There was one item that looked like bags of dried green dodder or Spanish moss*.
A young girl explained to us that it is what you put in the manger for the baby Jesus.
Not for eating--oops.

She was SUPER cute.
I love learning from a 9-year-old.

So, there ya go.

Day 23 of the 30 day photo challenge (by @just_go_do_it): DONE.

xoxobb


*Now that I look at it, I'm wondering if what they were selling IS Spanish moss, which is neither Spanish, nor moss. Apparently, it's an epiphytic flowering plant. And it is native in this region (I'm in Texas)… interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people write inside rectangles....