Thursday, December 18, 2014

2 manzanita shots to go, please...


Busy, but today's assignment was "red"
(for the 30 day photo challenge by @just_go_do_it)
so as soon as I realized that meant some quality time with manzanita,
I grabbed the Nikon and headed out.


I find myself gazing at this plant like I'm in love.
Just staring and staring.


So beautiful. We're very lucky to have them here.

SO many wildlife species eat the berries,
and they are early bloomers in the spring,
which gives a low hummmmm to the landscape
as thousands of bees merrily pollinate them
to begin their little bee lives for the year.


Maybe I am in love. =)

xoxobbb

3 comments:

  1. Great shots! Such beautiful colors and patterns on the bark. All this time I thought I was the only one in love with the plant with the cute little white lamp shaped flowers. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manzanitas are utterly captivating. They have such sway, such soul. They especially spectacular when the afternoon sunlight catches them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're pretty great. I also like them covered in snow, silhouetted against a blue sky. =)

      Delete

Cool people write inside rectangles....