Friday, October 8, 2010

Phriday photo quiz #19: Was it too hard?

 
For the first time I got ZERO guesses on a photo quiz.
 

Yes, it's in silhouette, but this tree species has a pretty characteristic wacky hairdo look to it (my words, not technical talk, as you might have thought =) ). A free spirited conifer.

Shall we try once more?

If I get no guesses this weekend I'll drop a big hint. Small hints for now: it gets quite tall and look closely--it's got short needles. And it is a conifer that grows in Yosemite NP.

So, slap on your tree-knowledge-noggin, and take a stab at it, eh? =)

biobabbler

P.S. You know, after 3 years in the Midwest (gradual school) "eh?" started appearing at the end of some of my sentences. =) That Canadian influence is tangible up (and over) there. And it took me 4 years to switch back from the nasal, Midwestern "a" and hard "r" sound (as in "car"), to the softer Californian version.

When in Rome, eh?

xobb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people write inside rectangles....